Director of Tennis
Kris has over 15 years of High-Performance coaching experience as an Academy Director and Director of Juniors at clubs in Fairfield and Westchester counties. He has developed and coached top 100 nationally ranked junior players and overseen USTA Women’s 3.0, 3.5 and 4.0 teams. He has an impressive record of continuous achievement:
- 2022 Kris was one of eight finalists in the “National High School Tennis Coach of the Year” awards.
- 2021 he was named Connecticut Boys Tennis Coach of the Year after the Wreckers went 22-1 and captured their 5th straight state title.
- 2020 Kris became INTENSITY’s Director of Tennis, having previously served as Director of Player Development and Director of USTA Adults.
- 2019 he was named Westport Sports Person of the Year from the Fairfield County Sports Commission.
- 2014 he was named FCIAC Coach of the Year
- 2010 he was appointed head coach for the Boys Staples High School program in Westport. He has guided the Wreckers to eight Connecticut State Class LL Championships and five FCIAC Championships as the Head Coach of the program. He has compiled a 236-14 (.944) career coaching record. His Wreckers have had four undefeated seasons (21-0), a 63 game team winning streak (2016-2019), three Connecticut State Class LL runners-up and twelve straight FCIAC final appearances from 2010-2021 (no 2020 season due to pandemic).
- 2004 he graduated from Niagara University with a B.A. in Business and Sports Management where he played Division I tennis and helped the program to two conference championship appearances.